Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

"J T" wrote in message
Sat, Oct 25, 2008, 8:57am (EDT-3)
(Too_Many_Tools) did queryeth thusly:
In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go farther?
I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear how
those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

I am doing my part by not answering questions like this, from
people who ask them, then don't say what they're doing.

Had a national phone survey call on the elections the other day that was
kind of intriguing so I stayed with it... By the time it was over, via the
questions asked, I figured out it was sponsored by Diageo
http://www.diageo.com/en-row/homepage.htm

It was pretty clear there are concerned about an increase in the sin tax
that applies to their products. The response categories made me think they
were polling using a list purchased from the WSJ... could be wrong about
that but it sure seemed that way. ;~)

A bit of sage craft in politics... nothing new there!