Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

Stuart wrote:
In article ,
J. Clarke wrote:
My machine is about 5 years old and it runs Vista just fine. And it
wasn't cutting edge when it was new. It did get a new video board
about a year ago, but that was because the old one died--it was
running Vista fine to the end.

Even the last machine I built, a few months ago, has XP on it. I'm not
touching Vista with a barge pole - far too many issues with it.

Sorry wrong newsgroup for mickysoft rants.

The only machine in my house that runs Vista (well , not counting the kid's
comps) is the Acer we bought a year ago . The rest all run XP , with one as
a dual boot running Ubuntu 8.04 - which plays with Windows very well indeed
.. Had Vista on that machine too , but decided to go to XP-Pro because of the
bloat .
Vista is indeed "Windows for Idiots" ...
--
Snag
Too many hobbies , too little time .