Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:13:23 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Food is indeed getting noticeably higher and higher here in Houston. I
suspect these folks here are taking advantage and charging what the trade
will bear ... typical US corporate bottom line mentality first, morality
last ... or what the hell is that?

Why do I think that?... in AR almost every single item in your shopping cart
at Kroger is a dollar cheaper than here in Texas.

A friend came by today. He works for Walmart...and just transfered
back to California from Texas.

Mimimum wage was less in Texas, but housing, food ect ect were higher
in Texas than in California..least my part of it.

He transfered back to california, took a 2 level decrease in grade,
and a $2 an hour increase in pay.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.