Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Sanitize Used High Chair

Rick Brandt wrote:
Sharp-Dressed Man wrote:
Picked up a used high chair for my grandson at a consignment shop. It
looks clean and in good repair-- I've inspected it carefully-- but
want to sterilize/sanitize it before putting the lad in it.

Suggestions?

Will you do this to every restaurant chair you ever put your grandson in?

Have you ever seen a headline that read "Child poisoned by furniture"?

However you would clean it after your grandson uses it would be just fine
for cleaning it now.

Basically agree, you don't need clean-room conditions for a little kid,
they are usually quite durable. (If they were not, homo sapiens would
have gone extinct thousands of years ago.) And a few germs help to keep
their immune system exercised. I will say, if it is an antique chair,
especially a wood one, check it for lead paint. And make sure any straps
or movable parts are not finger pinchers or provide any way kid could
slide out held by the neck or anything. Some high chairs were obviously
designed by engineers who had never wrangled a squirmy kid. But if it
was made within last 20 years or so, and has all the parts, you should
be fine.

--
aem sends...