Posted to alt.home.repair
Toffee Monday[_3_] Toffee Monday[_3_] is offline

Default Skylights: double up the rafters?

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:57:40 -0400, Toffee Monday wrote:

Reasoning is incorrect, but I would double up the rafters to stiffen it
up
to guard against flex-induced cracking. I like to overbuild so I don't
have to do any repairs later.

Mike D.

P.S. get off googlegroups. Many a wise man blocks them out and your post
is only seen if a less wise person fails to filter them.

You miss what the OP said, about in between rafters. Doubling up the
rafters will no absolutely nothing, but waste time.

If you're referring to me about googlegroups, you might what to learn about
servers. I'm not posting through Google.