Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sanitize Used High Chair

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 08:27:57 -0400, "Sharp-Dressed Man" zz wrote:

Picked up a used high chair for my grandson at a consignment shop. It looks
clean and in good repair-- I've inspected it carefully-- but want to
sterilize/sanitize it before putting the lad in it.

Suggestions?

If the chair is wood, wipe with mineral spirits. You could use an
oil-based soap solution with some alcohol added, but wash and dry it
quickly to avoid wood damage and rust. Soapy solution will kill 99%
of bacteria. It is not practical to sterilize a chair, although this
can be done if you can get a large enough autoclave.