Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go
farther?

I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear
how those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

Thanks

TMT

Doing less, but still doing everything as in the past. The price of gas and
heating oil is costing me about $300 a month over last year. I wanted to
build some new end tables, but they are pushed back a bit; instead I'm
making a couple of picture frames. There are a couple of other small
projects that I want to do cabinet, shelves) that can be done with pine
boards, not cherry.

All the money saving articles tell you to eat at home instead of at a
restaurant. OK, it is cheaper but stopping that once a week meal can put
the restaurant and all its employees out of business. I may skip the wine
or cocktail, but still order a normal meal. At home I may buy a chicken
instead of a rib roast. I skipped lobster at $10.99 and now it is on sale
at $3.99. Good bourbon is still about the same price though. I should
stock up.