Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 08:57:15 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

In tough times consumers tend to cut back...so where are you cutting
back, reprioritizing resources, whatever to make that dollar go
farther?

I am also posting this in the metal and wood working groups to hear
how those who pursue the hobby are allotting their resources.

Thanks

TMT

I have cut way back on using my vehicle. This includes less basic
shopping, no restaurants, less clothing, and no trying out new
products including woodworking tools. When it costs $85 to fill up I
try to make the tank last longer with fewer shorter trips, less
frequent visits (why is gas $2.90 a gallon when barrels are less than
$80?). No money right now to replace the gas truck guzzler, maybe
when the stock market improves and stabilizes a little bit.

Don't complain about $2.90 per gallon, during the peak, here in Canada,
where we have all our own oil and sell most of it to the US, it was running
at $1.20 per litre. At approximately 4 litres per gallon, gas cost us $4.80
per gallon. Today it is about 96 cents per litre, that is still about $3.84
per gallon. Makes $2.90 a bargain.