Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Outside light with PIR

In uk.d-i-y, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Mike Barnes writes:

Many years ago I replaced tungsten with CFLs in two cupboards. They're
switched by mechanical door-operated switches rather than PIRs but the
usage pattern would be similar. The CFLs definitely seem to last
longer.

There are areas where filament lamps do particularly badly.
Cupboards with doors banging shut is a common one.
Cooker hoods with fan motor vibration can be another.

I take your point but "cupboards" didn't convey the right impression -
my fault. They're actually store rooms with the lights mounted on the
plasterboard ceiling, a good metre away from the door.

--
Mike Barnes