Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default cats vs. motion sensors

On Oct 24, 4:09*pm, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Chris wrote:
I have had a Slomin's security system in my home for a few years and
have been satisfied. However, my fiancee just moved in with her three
cats. Now the motion sensor goes off when they use the stairway (at
least.. that's what I have witnessed for right now.. who knows where
else they will trip it off..)

I called Slomins and they just said disarm the motion sensor.. Well..
that defeates the purpose of home security, doesn't it? They acted
like there was nothing else they could do.

I read about Intelligent Pet Sensors, that are able to tell the
difference between an animal or a burgler.. However, that's all sales-
pitch. I have also read stuff from people saying they are a big
disappointment.

What do people with pets do in the case of having a home security
system.. Do they just not use motion sensors and use window and door
sensors?

Thanks for bringing that up.

Our cat used up his ninth life over a month ago and we're not planning
on getting another pet.

I just transferred my wris****ch from its usual location on my left
wrist onto my right wrist. That'll remind me to turn the motion
detectors in our home's security system back on when I get home tonight.

They've been swiched OFF for the 5 plus years that cat was our
non-paying tenant. G

The wris****ch trick works quite well for me when there's something I
need to remember to do later that day. Every time I go to check the time
I look at my left wrist, see nothing there, and remember why.

Another trick which helps combat my age related CRS* is to put my car
keys in our office fridge when I leave some food there I want to bring
home with me at the end of the workday. No wsy will I leave the parking
lot without that food.

Jeff

* CRS: *Can't remember ****."

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

CRS is why they added calendar functions and alarm clocks to cell
phones.

Scotch tape on your cars keys also acts as a reminder. Tough to start
a car when the key is taped to another one!

If I switched my watch from one wrist to the other, I'd probably spend
half the night looking for my watch.