Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default cats vs. motion sensors

On Oct 24, 2:34*pm, Chris wrote:
I have had a Slomin's security system in my home for a few years and
have been satisfied. However, my fiancee just moved in with her three
cats. Now the motion sensor goes off when they use the stairway (at
least.. that's what I have witnessed for right now.. who knows where
else they will trip it off..)

I called Slomins and they just said disarm the motion sensor.. Well..
that defeates the purpose of home security, doesn't it? They acted
like there was nothing else they could do.

I read about Intelligent Pet Sensors, that are able to tell the
difference between an animal or a burgler.. However, that's all sales-
pitch. I have also read stuff from people saying they are a big
disappointment.

What do people with pets do in the case of having a home security
system.. Do they just not use motion sensors and use window and door
sensors?

Its no sales pitch Ive had 6 dogs since the 70s, now 3, all big
79-95lb and never 1 false alarm except for a helium balloons, you cant
put a pet sensor like on stairs or where ever they get up like on a
couch or table. You need quality sensors mine are dual mode hard wire.
All it is is a sensor that is blocked below usualy 3ft, the sensors
height. I have 3 sensors and dogs roam free under them, sure a burglar
can crawl, his face will be an easy meal.