Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Outside light with PIR

On 24 Oct, 21:11, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" writes:

Buggery ********. Ah well, I tried to do my bit for the world and it farted
in my face. Arseholes to it.

I'm all for low energy lamps, but using them in a PIR controlled
lamp which lights for only a short time anyway doesn't make sense.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Yes, obviously Mr MTST isn't aware that fluorescent lights take a
whack of current at start up that certainly negates anything gained if
the duty cycle is short. Let alone the 'dim glim' one gets initially
which equally negates the point of the PIR.

Having said that I am a little curious as to why this light stays on
as all PIR's that I've fitted, played with, etc, over the years are
relay switched and as that is an open contact, it's no different from
a household light switch. It would seem that this one is an
electronic switch - is that unusual? Rather precludes my
configuration (in two places) of having a second PIR to switch the
light on.

Rob