Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Appliance Service Call Prices...WOW

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:11:57 -0400, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:04:15 -0400, Luca wrote:

Had a service call for an icemaker problem on a GE refrig., 1 month
over warranty. $79 for service call, $90 for 20 minutes labor, $150
for new icemaker for a total of $319.

GE "assisted" me by not charging for the part. Hmmm....

I retired 10 years ago but even then I wouldn't start my car for less
than $100 and I was the cheapest guy in town.

I had a rooter style plumber come over to rotorroot a toiler and it
turned out to be a bad toilet. (the toilet was falling apart
internally, so I didn't feel bad about replacing it)

His only avaiable charges were $120 drain clean, a $400 toilet, etc.
I did the job myself, and tossed him $50 under the table as a diagnostic
payment.