Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 5 HP Briggs

Try replacing the gasket between the carb and the engine. Or gook the gasket
with Permatex #2 non hardening. Sometimes air leaks around the gasket,
instead of sucking gas air mix.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
I have a old 5hp model 130000 B/S engine on my snowblower. Can not start the
engine unless I prime it with gas through the spark plug hole.
Took off carb and cleaned it also replaced all gaskets. Still won't start.I
was wondering how this carb gets vacuum and if the breather tube could leak
enough to cause the problem If so why does the engine run after priming?
Frank