Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default 5 HP Briggs

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
I have a old 5hp model 130000 B/S engine on my snowblower. Can not start
the engine unless I prime it with gas through the spark plug hole.
Took off carb and cleaned it also replaced all gaskets. Still won't
start.I was wondering how this carb gets vacuum and if the breather tube
could leak enough to cause the problem If so why does the engine run after
priming?
Frank
It sounds like you still have a fuel problem. If it's been sitting a long
time it could have clogged jets or valves. I would get a carb rebuilding
kit for it and replace all the critical parts