Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Gas vs. oil? ? ?

Ray wrote:

Like many others, opr six-unit coop building is about to convert our
oil-burning furnace (boiler) from oil to gas.

I would welcome the experience of others who have made this conversion,
especially in recent months.

I'm trying to get an idea as to how much we will save. I know, of course,
that prices fluctuate widely -- and wildly.

You won't save as much as you could if you change to a dual fuel burner
so you don't lock yourselves into a nat. gas monopoly and can still buy
oil during off peak times since it stores fine, vs. always buying nat.
gas at the current market rate.