Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Long crack in basement concrete floor

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 06:05:03 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Oct 23, 8:42?am, Phisherman wrote:
I have a wall-to-wall crack in my basement concrete floor. ?The crack
is fairly uniform in width, about 1/8" or less, and travels in a
somewhat random path. ? I've already cleaned the crack and surrounding
area with household ammonia and water, and plan to clean it again with
vinegar. ?After it completely dries, I plan to fill the crack with
gray concrete caulk. ? Is this the best way to seal a concrete floor
crack? ?

This area will be used as a full bath/laundry room and no floor
covering will be installed. ?Two radon tests were performed, with
results less than 1/10 below allowable levels, so I'm doing this for
appearance and any possible spills. ? TIA

does this area have water entering from below?

No. I am fortunate not to have a basement moisture condition. The
house is 18 years old and build on the side of a hill with fast
drainage.