Herman Family

Default That damned Murphy was right

I'm a believer in Murphy also. One time I was fixing a stereo and lost a
small screw. As you might imagine finding one of these suckers could be a
long drawn out affair. I decided that if Murphy was right, that the screw
would have to be located in the place in which it would do the most possible
damage, and checked there first. There it was. I would have blown out a
good chunk of the board if I didn't see that screw sitting there on one of
the power leads and touching another circuit.

Michael

"Todd" wrote in message
One of the many correlaries to Murphy's law is that an object, once lost,
will not be found until it is replaced. My 6" dial caliper has been

missing
for months. I delayed replacing it because I just *knew* it was here
somewhere. Finally, last week, I bought a new one, telling my wife that
"I'm not going to find my old one until I buy a new one." I don't have to
tell you what I found yesterday when I opened a box in the garage that I

had
neglected to look in.

todd