Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default OT - Sarah's Song

On Oct 23, 6:17*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
I had a job where I traveled for a week or two at a time. *Away from
home the whole time. *I sacrificed time with family for the job.
The
expenses of bringing the family along were not reimbursable by the
company or the company we were doing the work for. *It was a
business
trip. *Not a personal vacation.

You need a better employer. Over the years (different employers) I'd
often taken my wife on business trips and most was covered.

What industry was this and at what level were you employed and how
long were these trips and by what means of transportation?

We are
located in MA and in the summer, it is common to have visitors to
the
plant on a Friday morning, family car loaded and on the way to Cape
Cod for the weekend.

That's a bit different situation from flying to Seattle.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Too, companies can do what they danged well please for their
employees. Taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bills for the kids
attending daddy's snowmobile races. If Mommy doesn't trust Daddy out
of sight for the weekend, let her either pay for the kid's tickets and
accomodations, or hire a weekend babysitter like Joe & Jane Sixpack
get to do. You betcha. Wink. Wink.