Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Heat pump filters

On Oct 22, 9:25*pm, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
What do you consider the best of

1. *Cheap filters
2. *Filtrete type waffle filters
3. *Cleanable filters

I tend to go with the Filtrete types, but now at around $5 per, I wonder.
The cheapos are just that, and you can almost poke a finger through at some
places. *The washable, I wonder how hygienic and functional they are.

Comments welcome.

Steve

Personally, I use these http://tinyurl.com/5wgy5z

But, Home Depot carries a pleated brand called NaturalAire. I picked
up a 3 pack of these while my DP Max's were on order this yr and was
very happy with them. I don't remember the price ($ 7.00 for 3?), but
they are very cheap for a good pleated filter. (Merv 8 rating)
http://www.ushomefilter.com/pdf/naturalair/nastnd.pdf

BTW, washable filters suck! I had to have the coils cleaned on a 2 yr
old Trane Air Handler because of all of the crap that got through the
filter. And I washed the damn thing at least once a month, sometimes
twice!