Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Leaking Air Couplings

Mike Marlow wrote:
"Sonny" wrote in message
Almost all of my air couplings leak lots of air. I bought them from
Harbor Freight and Home Depot. Is there any way to tight them, so
that sir doesn't leak? If not, can you recommend a brand that fits
together properly. This air leakage is driving me crazy.

I tried posting earlier... getting error messages. If this posts
twice, or similar post, sorry.

Sonny

All air couplers will leak sooner or later, but the cheap ones start leaking
a lot sooner. It costs a bit more to buy good commercial couplers but they
do go longer without leaking. The leaks drive me crazy too. I can't stand
putting down a tool and hearing the hiss. Check your local yellow pages for
commercial air couplers.

I don't know about that -- I've Milton's that are at least 40-50 years
old that don't leak and haven't ever had anything done w/ them. I
suppose _eventually_ one of them might leak some, but I don't expect it
in my lifetime...