Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leaking Air Couplings

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
Sonny wrote:

Almost all of my air couplings leak lots of air. I bought them from
Harbor Freight and Home Depot. Is there any way to tight them, so
that sir doesn't leak? If not, can you recommend a brand that fits
together properly. This air leakage is driving me crazy.

I tried posting earlier... getting error messages. If this posts
twice, or similar post, sorry.

Sonny

If you mean leaking quick-disconnect couplings there is a little o-ring in
there that is usually the culprit (a dental pick helps when removing and
replacing these). Replace it and keep it lubed with something friendly to
o-rings and usually the leak goes away.

Not if you're using that air line for spray guns. No lubricants anywhere in
or near the line.

--

-Mike-