Fred McClellan

Default That damned Murphy was right

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:29:24 -0500, "Todd"
wrote:

One of the many correlaries to Murphy's law is that an object, once lost,
will not be found until it is replaced. My 6" dial caliper has been missing
for months. I delayed replacing it because I just *knew* it was here
somewhere. Finally, last week, I bought a new one, telling my wife that
"I'm not going to find my old one until I buy a new one." I don't have to
tell you what I found yesterday when I opened a box in the garage that I had
neglected to look in.

Not sure whether that was a Murphyism or a Cosbyism.

Bill Cosby postulated the "Butt Switch Paradigm".

When you find yourself standing in a room in your house and you cannot
for the life of you remember why you went there in the first place, go
back where you came from and sit down.

According to Cosby, sitting down in the original location activates a
secret "Butt Switch" which forces a reload of why you went to that
other room.

I've found that when I can't find something I know I have, I leave the
model building shed, walk back across the yard to the house, go
upstairs, and pile up in the LazyBoy.

That activates my butt switch and I remember where I put what it was I
couldn't find before.

Damn near infallible.

Seriously considering a LazyBoy for the model building shed. Since
one of those recliners won't fit in my existing model building shed,
maybe I can make a case for a new shed.

[yeah, sure]
Cheers,
Fred McClellan