Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT - Toys requiring assembly.

In article , Mungo "Two Sheds"
Toadfoot scribeth thus
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I've just had a very good experience assembling a
toy I purchased for my daughter's birthday.
Manufactured by a german company named Playmobil,
It is a 'hospital' put together with wall and floor sections using
lugs that are twisted to lock adjoining sections together.
Gotta give the Germans a Hearty round of applause...this Playmobil
stuff is a very
impressive piece of engineering for such a unlikely application.

Arthur

The Germans do seem to know what they're doing with regard to engineering,
even down to food packaging. Ever tried to open a cereal packet, clingfilm
box, or one of those cardboard 'zips' made in the UK? Utter ****e, yet when
I've opened German packaging it's always worked perfectly.

Si

Thats 'cos over there engineering is considered a "Profession" unlike
here where law, medicine, and accountancy rule;(...
--
Tony Sayer