Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Typical Household Electricity Usage ?

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 01:35:54 +0100, Andy Wade wrote:

Just? I've not had a letter from 'em telling me of an increase.

2nd October, see

snip
I've had no notification either.

As they haven't *officially* informed us they can't apply the new rates to
our bils yet can they? Nothing on Aprils letter saying that written
notification of future changes is being withdrawn.

In the Ebico T&C's:

9. Variation

We can vary the terms and conditions for the supply of Energy (including
price) in this Agreement. If we vary the terms or conditions to your
significant disadvantage, we'll publicise the variation in accordance
with our Energy supply licence(s).

Which doesn't help a lot... However:

12. Notices

Notices required under this Agreement will be in writing and delivered
by hand, sent by post or by email. We'll send notices to your billing
address. We'll assume you've received the notice 2 working days after
we've sent it unless we receive evidence to the contrary. You must send
notice(s) for electricity, gas and telecoms by post to: Sales Processing
and Registration, SSE Energy Supply Limited, Grampian House, 200 Dunkeld
Road, Perth PH1 3GH.

So assuming a "notice" is required for a price change we should have had
one. Bear in mind that I have two Ebico accounts, one notice getting "lost
in the post" I could understand but not at least 3. Has any other Ebico
customer had *official* notification of this October price change?

--
Cheers
Dave.