Alec

Default Digital cylinder 'stat?

I use an RF one. Saved me from running a cable.
Danfoss WP75RF.
Rgds

"Martin Angove" wrote in message
Just a musing really. With the large number of digital (programmable -
but that's not really the issue) *room* thermostats now on the market at
reasonable prices, have I missed something, or is there a reason why
no-one seems to be producing a digital *cylinder* thermostat?

Surely with one of these you could do all sorts of clever things like...
ummm... pre-firing the boiler as hot water is drawn off but before the
tank reaches the "low" setpoint... have two sensors to allow day-period
variances (e.g. keep the top 1/3rd hot during the day, but fill the tank
in the evening)... allow user choice over "hysterisis" (or however you
spell it) so that boiler cycling is minimised... and probably loads more
that I haven't thought of.

This is the point where someone either tells me it's been done and is
available or tells me that there is no need to ditch the bimetal
thermostat because...

:-)

Hwyl!

M.