Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT - Sarah's Song

wrote in message
I had a job where I traveled for a week or two at a time. Away from
home the whole time. I sacrificed time with family for the job. The
expenses of bringing the family along were not reimbursable by the
company or the company we were doing the work for. It was a business
trip. Not a personal vacation.

You need a better employer. Over the years (different employers) I'd often
taken my wife on business trips and most was covered. We are located in MA
and in the summer, it is common to have visitors to the plant on a Friday
morning, family car loaded and on the way to Cape Cod for the weekend.