Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT - Sarah's Song

On Oct 22, 2:16*pm, "Rod & Betty Jo" wrote:
Charlie Self wrote:
On Oct 21, 8:31 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/..._family_travel

Classic rookie screw-up

Lew

Or cheap chiseler/petty thief.

If I recall the numbers correctly the previous Gov. spent over 3X on
personal or family related travel......

So a crook who steals $1000 is innocent while a crook who steals $3000
is guilty? Stealing is stealing. Amount isn't relevant.

Alaska is a very big state and all
travel including to or from the lower forty are expensive trips. The Palin's
do not have the personal wealth to afford packing the family around both
their state or the lower 40 on state business or functions.

Because they are not rich, therefore the state should pay for personal
expenses unrelated to the job? A poor person isn't rich, does that
give them the right to steal money from a bank?

Because of the
distances considerable time *away from home is also invested. Should a
Governors family sacrifice "family" for the office or try to do both?

I had a job where I traveled for a week or two at a time. Away from
home the whole time. I sacrificed time with family for the job. The
expenses of bringing the family along were not reimbursable by the
company or the company we were doing the work for. It was a business
trip. Not a personal vacation.

The
cost has been affordable to the state and is under historical norms but
somehow the anti Palin crowd have no limits for petty complaints.....oddly
I'd suspect those most opposed to Palin's travel would support Obama's
blatant politically motivated millions upon millions in earmarks.....Rod

Alaska as a state gets more earmarks per person, per income, etc. than
any other state in the nation. Thanks to Uncle Ted, not surprisingly
on trial at the moment for lying about graft he has received.