Posted to uk.d-i-y
slider slider is offline

Default Eurolocks?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Just been watching one of those cops with cameras TV shows. Cops raided a
suspected drugs den in a flat in Plymouth, broke the door down with the
big red key.

The search obviously took some time & one of the brief film shots seemed
to show a locksmith removing the old eurolock.

It was a very brief clip, but he seemed to have removed the door handle &
faceplate leaving about an inch of the eurolock exposed.

He adjusted a large adjustable spanner to fit the eurolock body & applied
a few sharp horizontal jerks - and the lock seemed to break in half.

I would have thought a eurolock would have been stronger than that - does
this really work?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

We were burgled last year. They came in through the rear french doors by
snapping the eurolocks. Takes seconds to get in. Since then, I have fitted
some snap safe locks which are designed to snap before the actual lock.
Also fitted some sash jammers to the inside of the doors.