Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help, looking for a whatchamacallit

Tater wrote:
Hi I am looking for some fireproof(well, heat resistant) insulation
for some electrical wires that run next to an exhaust on a snowmobile.
I have seen them before but i cannot recall where i could find them.
they look like a braided fiberglass tube similar to a chinese finger
trap. anyone have some sources?

Check with your local electric motor rewinding shop.
I've actually had them give me short pieces of the
stuff. I'm sure they would sell it to you by the foot.
The shop will even have silicone/fiberglass insulated
high temperature wire. It similar to what you would
find attached to an oxygen sensor on a gasoline engine.

TDD