Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Floating chimney. Am I seeing things?

"Mj" wrote in message
"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...
A house is being built on my route home. The chimney just went on. The
chimney sits on the roof - two pots and it looks like brick. But there's
nothing underneath. I nearly crashed into the grass verge trying to make
out whether I was seeing things. But no - just empty space. No brick stack
going down to the ground. The brickwork is sitting on the ridge. Is it
just me not looking carefully enough before, or is this a new idea? Not
sure I'd like to be underneath in a high wind.

Peter Scott

prefabricated chimney top?

http://www.mi-flues.com/pdfs/mf22brochure.pdf

Amazing - I'll have 4 that will impress the neighbours!