Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Temperatue setting during long winter vacation

In article ,
"John61" wrote:

We will be out of country for almost whole winter. I know we got to leave
the furnace ON while we're away.

But what is the best temperature we should set on the control? We're in
mid-west Canada. In winter, temperature could be below -30C (-22F). We have
a gas furnace in basement where the water main comes in., all utilities are
in the basement including water heater and softener.

Thanks,

John

A $75,000,000 U.S. government study on this topic, conducted in 2003,
found that the optimal temp was between 50 and 52 degrees F.