Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Make the doorway higher.

In article , ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 5:59=A0pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

So you think the cripple stud isn't supporting any of the weight that's loaded
on the top plate?

I notice you didn't answer this. I wonder why.

I'm not blind ... but you're ignorant. Don't try to give structural advice.
You haven't the first clue.- Hide quoted text -

A clue, Ive done years of remodeling like that, the HO will not have
any issues, I would not worry doing it in my house.

Yes, and I've done years of cleaning up after other people who did remodeling
like that. The homeowner sure as hell will have issues if he follows your
advice and rebuilds without a cripple stud; the cripple stud IS load-bearing,
whether you are able to understand that or not. The fact that you would not
worry about doing it in your house does not mean it's a good idea.