Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Sliding door

On Oct 21, 2:50*am, "Terry Cano" wrote:
The wheel *assembly goes up in the bottom frame...there is a
small bracket that is supposed to go around the screws that holds the frame
together.
This keeps the wheel assembly in the right place so you can adjust the
wheels later through the hole in each end.. *Other wise the wheel assembly
would move and you wouldn't be able to adjust the wheels.
Also the wheels would gum up eventually and end up in the center of the door
frame away from the ends.
The assembly is fully up in the frame and the wheel adjustment is fully
retracted.
The door frame is probably a little out of square - we are in Southern CA
earthquake country.
But I got it out....and when the door is in the frame without the wheels I
can lift the door up a good 3/4"
problem is with the wheels that isn't enough.
Later
Terry

That makes no sense. Rollers don't stick out 3/4" when fully
retracted.

You should have PLENTY of room to to install the door. Like I said,
use a pry bar to lift the bottom of the door and the rollers onto the
guide.