Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Squirrel Birth Cycle

Thank you all for your advice, comments and cautions. I have enough
ideas now and will mull over them. At present, it looks like either
the trap door or the Have-a-Heart. I do not wish to cause suffering
for any animal, but I am afraid the pitfalls of continuing to allow
him access to my ceiling space will dominate my thinking.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:42:47 -0400, frank1492
wrote:

I am proposing to rout some squirrels from the space over my living
room ceiling before winter sets in. The point of entry is known and I
propose to set a Have-a-Heart in front of the opening to trap them as
they emerge. The opening will then be sealed.
My question is this: Is there any danger of trapping babies at
this season? I want to avoid trapping *anything* at all cost for
obvious reasons
Also, if anyone has alternate methods for trapping or killing, I'd
appreciate hearing.
Info much appreciated.
Thanks!
Frank
P.S. I do realize that calling an exterminator is an option but
most people I know haven't had good luck with them and they can
be expensive!