Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default Regarding O-Rings Lubricating..

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:27:51 -0400, MLD wrote:

"RLM" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:32:43 +0000, S.Daley wrote:

Any suggestions for lubricating O-Rings that are used for water pumps,
basically I want to extend useful life as much as possible. Someone
suggested lithium grease?

SD

Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)

I don't think so---will eventually ruin the O ring mld

Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline). As tnom has stated it is eatable and worked
for me and a host of mechanics for over forty years. Even used it on poly
packing. Easy to see if contaminated and what the contaminate is. A metal
shaving or grit in a dark grease will lead to rework. The most expensive
work because it it at no profit and may ruin your reputation. Your
reputation is hardest part of rework to repair.