Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Make the doorway higher.

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:10:18 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Squat is what it supports, a bit of lath and plaster.

Agreed, hardest part of the job will be cutting the lath and plaster
above the door, without trashing the entire far-side wall surface. That
keying loves to bust off the back of the plaster surface layer.
Fine-tooth blade and a jigsaw, not a sawzall, is what I always had the
best luck with. Don't rattle the wall.

Maybe this is a job for the incredible MultiMaster (As Seen on TV!).
(See other thread here.)

Use 4 Inch Angle Grinder with a thin diamond blade. Draw the line and
cut the plaster out. It's a clean cut with little damage. Not
plaster, but I've cut plenty of stucco, wire, nail heads, etc. with
this tool.

The blade is $35.00 vs what the multi blades cost.

Prepare for dust.