Morgans

Default Dremel Customer Service - Outstanding (must be taking lessons from Lee Valley)

"Fred McClellan" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:19:35 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:
SNIP

I wonder if I contacted them, I would get two new dremmell tools. I have
owned two of them, and the bearings have gone out in both of them after a
very short time. I will not buy another

Not saying this happened to you, but I've found that Dremel motor
shafts are fairly easily bent, and that leads to bearing failure.

One drop to the shop floor will do it.

DAMHIKT.

My last Dremel 'multi-tool' took a bite of asphalt floor tile, and I
got ready to rebuild it.

Needed bearings, shaft, yada yada yada. Thought I'd change brushes
while I had the thing apart.

Started ordering the stuff over the phone, and the CS rep asked if I
was going to rebuild the tool. I said yes.

She said she'd be glad to sell me the parts, but that I'd get by
cheaper by _trading in_ the old tool for the current model.

Turns out Dremel has a maximum charge to rebuild one of their
roto-tools, and if the rebuild exceeds that total, they send you a
_new_ one.

The other thing I learned the hard way is that the Dremel is _not_ an
industrial tool. If that's what you need, Dremel ain't gonna cut it.

The Dremel is a small _hobby_ tool, not in the same league with a
Foredom by a long shot.

FWIW.
Cheers,
Fred McClellan
the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

I agree about the hobby status. I was using it mainly for building RC
airplanes.

I now use a air powered die grinder. Overkill, but I always have enough
power! g
--
Jim in NC