Posted to alt.home.repair
goldenalgae goldenalgae is offline

Default Need Help with Kitchen Lighting

goldenalgae had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ng-337354-.htm
:
Thanks Pete. Do you know if LED track lighting is any good? My husband
just suggested it to me. How does it compare to CFLs? Also, we installed
a dimmer switch, can we use this with LEDs or CFLs? We found some CFLs
that accept dimmers, but the light color was very yellow/orange.

Pete C. wrote:

You aren't going to get even shadow free lighting from a single
fixture.
If you can't DIY recessed lights, consider DIY track lighting which
will
allow you to distribute the lighting appropriately. Also consider using
track heads that will accept CFLs, as they will save a lot of energy,
and the color temps are vastly better than the old fluorescent fixture
you replaced.