Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Temperatue setting during long winter vacation

On Oct 20, 1:36*pm, "John61" wrote:
We will be out of country for almost whole winter. I know we got to leave
the furnace ON while we're away.

But what is the best temperature we should set on the control? We're in
mid-west Canada. In winter, temperature could be below -30C (-22F). We have
a gas furnace in basement where the water main comes in., all utilities are
in the basement including water heater and softener.

Thanks,

John

I would shut off the water and drain it down no matter what you set
the furnace at. Too much possibility for something to go wrong.
Don't forget to turn off the hot water heater.

nate