Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Home disco lighting (!)

wrote:

My kids have started to love having something of a disco session in
our back room, which is really fun and energetic for them now the
evenings are shorter. We've got a cheap (�4.99) plug in disco light
which is OK, but I'd like to do something more for them (perhaps for
Christmas).

In that room there are two redundant (in that we don't use them, but
they do work) wall mounted lights. Does anyone know of a product that
I could replace these lights with that might give something of a disco
effect?

Most "proper" disco lights that I've seen are mains driven. Is there
any reason why something like this couldn't be fitted to the lighting
circuit?

If I'm barking up a completely nuts tree, let me know.

Thanks!

Matt

I can't see why something like the "4-Light DJ Sequencer" from Maplin
couldn't be bolted to the wall in place of a wall light (proper switch
mind - not a dimmer). The main power draw is 4 * 60W lamps = 240W
which is quite a lot but not huge although you could fit lower wattage
bulbs if desired. At only £30 it seems like quite good fun - if
you're a kid or a grown-up acting like one.