Posted to alt.home.repair

Default knob and tube

On Oct 19, 4:13�pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Steve Barker DLT wrote:

and so...... mathmatician..... �how far apart DOES that make them?

it sure as hell is not 6 feet.

wrote in message

no section of wall will be more than 6 feet from a outlet.... I am a
DIY, not a electrician.

Yes, and that works out to up to 12' spacing between outlets.

yeah in every K&T home I have ever been in most are lucky to have a
single outlet per room, are ioverfused cause the proper 15 amp fuse
will blow constantly, and have floor outlets. have a friend who had a
small fire when his son dropped some stuff in a floor oiutlet.

also have had 3 friends who had to get rid of all k&T when theiur
homeowners insurance changed. the company sent inspector, one got
sitred for a detoriated porch, steps will no railing in front of home
and a bad sidewalk.

once cancelled by one company no one else wanted him, so he had the
work done