Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Telephone junction block

Steve Barker DLT wrote:
Now THAT's a funny reminder!! The whole TELCO industry had the entire world
believing that they could tell how many phones you had.... LMMFAO!!!

wrote in message

I have somewhere between 6 and 10 phones plugged in at any given time.
Only 2 ring, a legacy of the old "illegal phone" days when Ma Bell
would look for ringers. Everyone knew you disconnected the bell on
your "illegal phones".
I only have one phone that is not W/E.

Well, they probably COULD have, if they wanted to have a guy measure the
draw on the local loop when it rang, but it is highly unlikely they
would ever bother, unless the Phone Police thought you were a scammer
for other reasons.

And don't forget- pre '73, it was hard to even BUY a non Ma Bell phone,
for most people. It was simply a non-issue. When Ma abandoned all the
old rental phones in place a few years ago, I was hoping more would show
up at garage sales, but they are few and far between, the last few
years. Most of my WE collection is starting to be early 70s or older on
the internals, so they are starting to go flakey on me. (What modern
phone will go 40 years?)

--
aem sends...