Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Telephone junction block

In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

'never had a problem with too many ringers'.

Boy, *I* sure did once...

To my home with WELL over five working phones/ringers, I brought another
five Western Electric sets and connected them.

I was sitting by one of the grandfathered sets reading when we received
an incoming call.

It wasn't until the second or third barely audible "groan" from the
telephone base that I suspected something was amiss. I picked-up the
handset, put it to my ear and, instead of a dial tone, I heard the
breathing or muttering (probably muttering by that time) of the calling
party.

I physically disconnected five ringers around the house and things were
ringing normally in no time.

Now, with my three daughters grown, married and with kids of their own,
I have FAR more phones than I will ever use. Indeed, their "teenline"
(AFH/second line) has only one phone connected to it now and is
virtually never used. That's in stark contrast to its heyday when
three, young teenage girls used it.

It's ringer is shut off but I still check it occasionally to ensure the
line is still good.
--

JR