Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default kitchen back splash -- WOODEN. What kind of paint? Num coats?

On Oct 19, 6:25*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
David Combs wrote:
Five or so years my wife had a new kitchen put in
(same room, but redone).

For beauty, backsplash was wood.

I suggested waterproof paint. *Both she and the builder (known
for "beautiful" work) nixed that. *Would be "ugly".

Of course the paint has cracked, etc, and thin slivers
of wood are exposed -- and wet.

Anyway, how do wives you know (happily?) handle this problem?

They listen to someone who knows and don't put in wood back splashes.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I have a butcher block kitchen counter with wooden back splash.
It has been in place since 1978 / 9.
It has never needed repair.