Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Telephone junction block

In article
,
Mikepier wrote:

Although you do need a special punch down tool, you can get
away with using a small flatblade screwdriver.

Well, yeah, with YEARS of experience performing such a hink occasionally
because one had forgotten his punch-down (Impact Insertion tool) and had
only ONE connection to make.

If you're going to the expense and work of a properly-wired 66M150
block, (25-pair connecting/66 block, open down the middle, uses bridging
clips across each connection from left to right), you should acquire and
use the proper insertion tool. The small-bladed screwdriver approach is
a hink, a kludge and easily done improperly at the peril of the block
itself.

I installed four 66M150 blocks to interconnect the 1600-ft of 6-pair
homeruns I installed to ~23 locations through my home when it was built
in 1991.

We don need no steenkin' binding posts!
--

JR