Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default Glue for sliding laminate into position

wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a glue that would permit me to cover a plastic
laminate countertop by SLIDING a section of new laminate into position
over it?
I can't use contact cement because the layout of the countertop and
overhead shelving won't allow me to simply LAY the new section on top
of the old laminate.
Thanks...

You can use Titebond. Just be prepared to stay with the job for 20-30
minutes. Keep rolling, and re-rolling the laminate as the glue sets. I
recently saw a kitchen done this way 15+ years ago and it still looked good.

Boden