Posted to alt.home.repair
bq340[_2_] bq340[_2_] is offline

Default Glue for sliding laminate into position

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
I covered the countertop with sheets of newspaper. The newspaper stuck a
little. I was able to remove the paper in front but the back would tear
when I pulled on it. I had little room in which to work. Quite a lot of
paper remained under the laminate when I finished. If I was ever to try
paper again I think I would try something stronger and thicker then
newspaper. Perhaps strips cut from a cardboard box. I definitely would
not use newspaper again. Dowels work well because there is only a small
surface to stick and the dowel is strong when pulled.

Waxed paper would be better. Best would be silicone coated paper, but not
easily found outside of industrial applications.

Bakers parchment paper is silicone coated. In the baking aisle....
MikeB