Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Glue for sliding laminate into position

"Pat" wrote in message
I covered the countertop with sheets of newspaper. The newspaper stuck a
little. I was able to remove the paper in front but the back would tear
when I pulled on it. I had little room in which to work. Quite a lot of
paper remained under the laminate when I finished. If I was ever to try
paper again I think I would try something stronger and thicker then
newspaper. Perhaps strips cut from a cardboard box. I definitely would
not use newspaper again. Dowels work well because there is only a small
surface to stick and the dowel is strong when pulled.

Waxed paper would be better. Best would be silicone coated paper, but not
easily found outside of industrial applications.