Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default kitchen back splash -- WOODEN. What kind of paint? Num coats?

On Oct 18, 5:10*pm, (David Combs) wrote:
Five or so years my wife had a new kitchen put in
(same room, but redone).

For beauty, backsplash was wood.

I suggested waterproof paint. *Both she and the builder (known
for "beautiful" work) nixed that. *Would be "ugly".

Of course the paint has cracked, etc, and thin slivers
of wood are exposed -- and wet.

Anyway, how do wives you know (happily?) handle this problem?

Thanks,

David

If the body of the backsplash is wet, I would think the wood was not
sealed on all surfaces.
If that is so, the back splash has to be removed and replaced or
dried, sealed on all surfaces and reinstalled.